On 1 June 2021, the TREASURE project (leading the TRansition of the European Automotive SUpply chain towards a circulaR futurE), coordinated by Prof. Sergio Terzi and Paolo Rosa from the Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering of Politecnico di Milano, officially started. TNO at Holst Centre is one of the fifteen European partners participating in the project.
TREASURE is a Research and Innovation Action co-funded by the European Commission under the H2020 programme. It offers new opportunities to test innovative technologies that make the automotive sector more circular.
TREASURE has four main objectives:
- Guaranteeing a sustainable use of raw materials in the automotive industry by reducing material supply risks
- Adopting the circular economy paradigm in the automotive industry, by acting as demonstrators for the manufacturing sector
- Offering better vehicle-related economic, environmental and social performances for all end users
- Creating new supply chains around End-of-Life Vehicles (ELVs), by focusing on a circular exploitation of raw materials embedded in cars.
TREASURE assists companies in the automotive industry in adopting Industry 4.0 technologies in ELV management processes by demonstrating the benefits that can be obtained from embracing the circular economy paradigm, both from a business/supply chain and from a technological/sustainability point of view.
TREASURE aims to reach three main results:
- Developing an AI-based scenario assessment tool supporting the development of circular supply chains in the automotive industry
- Creating a set of success stories in three key value chains of the automotive industry, as dismantlers/shredders, recyclers and manufacturers, by demonstrating the benefits coming from the adoption of CE principles
- Integrating Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) for the efficient design of car electronics and subsequent disassembly and materials recovery.
The TREASURE kick-off meeting will take place online on 29 June 2021. If you would like more information about TREASURE, you can follow us in our social media channels, or please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Apart from TNO at Holst Centre, the TREASURE consortium consists of 14 partners coming from six European nations plus an extra-EU nation:
• POLITECNICO DI MILANO, Italy
• SCUOLA UNIVERSITARIA PROFESSIONALE DELLA SVIZZERA ITALIANA, Switzerland
• UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DELL'AQUILA, Italy
• Material Recycling and Sustainability (MARAS) B.V., Netherlands
• EDGERYDERS OU, Estonia
• EUROLCDS SIA, Latvia
• WALTER PAK SL, Spain
• Pollini Lorenzo e Figli srl, Italy
• SEAT SA, Spain
• TXT E-SOLUTIONS SPA, Italy
• INDUSTRIAS LOPEZ SORIANO SA, Spain
• MOV'EO, France
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101003587.