With a global view on scouting innovative technology
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create ground-breaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 97 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and has distributed R&D groups in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, at a number of Flemish universities, and offices in India and Japan. To guarantee our continued position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently, we are looking for an experienced Research & Innovation Strategist to join our High Tech Campus Research Center in Eindhoven.
The Research & Innovation Strategist develops a strategy to deliver business and scientific value from research tracks all the way to low volume solutions. In this role you will address business modelling, market analysis and value chain assessment for selected imec technology roadmaps. The offerings vary between research roadmaps at technology readiness level (TRL) 3-6, and Solutions offerings where imec matures selected technologies as part of a strategic business roadmap towards TRL 6-8.
What you will do
As a Research & Innovation Strategist, you will develop a market strategy for imec technologies in close collaboration with the strategy definition for the Research and Solutions roadmaps lead by program directors and program managers. In addition, you will support in linking needs of the future business/applications to the innovative and disruptive technology developments at imec, and guiding the decisions on business approach and Solutions offerings in tandem with the business development team.
As a Research & Innovation Strategist your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Detect and define trends in society that map to the technology developments at imec.
- Perform value chain analysis and clarify the extra value the technology can capture.
- Position this technology in the value chain of our potential customers, and define where the technology could be an order of magnitude better than existing approaches.
- Articulate the USP's of the various imec technologies from a market perspective.
- Clearly define and prioritize the specific customers to target.
- Value the market opportunity imec can obtain and provide quantitative data as input for decisions to further invest in our areas of innovation.
- Validate the above through Voice of the Customer input at c-level with our partners together with the business developers.
- Clarify the go-to-market models that best fit the positioning of the technologies and the capabilities of the customers.
- Collect market insights in order to remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape and together with the Executives, Marketing and Business Development teams develop new go-to-market strategies and grow the engagements with existing customers.
- As soon as Covid-19 allows, you will invest 10-20% of your time in regular business trips (Europe, USA, Asia).
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- You hold a master's degree preferable combined with an MBA.
- A technical background or technical working experience is highly appreciated in order to be comfortable in assessing a wide range of technologies.
- +10 years of experience in Strategy and Innovation Management (or Innovation & Research) (in a high-tech environment preferably).
- Experienced in working in an organization which develops technology at the bleeding edge of innovation.
- You show a structured approach to market analysis and go-to-market strategy for advanced research partnerships and advanced solution offerings.
- Poses an affinity with the following topic areas: innovations for Health, Pharma, IoT...
- You come up with a structured and pro-active way of working.
- Have the capability to handle short deadlines and you are able to plan your work efficiently.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Self-starting team player with strong interaction skills across organizations, dynamic, eager and open attitude are attributes which define yourself.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition specialist OnePlanet. You can reach Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a motivational letter. Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.