Act to create meaningful collaborations that enable the health solutions of the future
What you will do
In this job, you will be a part of imec's business development team and focus on the Health domain. You will contribute to the market strategy, defining the offering and turning this into customer collaborations to maximize impact. We need you as a Business Development Manager to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Shape imec's go-to-market strategy for the health domain, in close collaboration with imec's CTO Health, program directors and program managers, mapping research and solution roadmaps onto market needs in life science, MedTech, wearable and implantable device markets.
- Detect, track and quantify market trends and needs relevant towards imec's Health roadmap and offering definition.
- Articulate the 10x USP's [PD1]of the various imec technologies from a market perspective and position them in the value chain of our potential customers.
- Validate the above through Voice-of-Customer input at C-level with our partners.
- Define go-to-market approach that can link imec's offering to the needs and capabilities of the customers.
- Collect market insights in order to remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape.
- Convert the go-to-market approach into customer collaboration leveraging imec's different business models, including its open innovation programs, bilateral projects, government funded projects and venturing.
- Define and prioritize target customers and customer segments.
- Selection of the relevant offering, price setting, business model, IP model.
- Setup marketing actions to support the go-to-market.
- Manage deal-closing in collaboration with the technical, legal and IP teams.
- Represent the customer during the project execution phase.
- Implement actions to give feedback to the technical team on the technical offerings.
- Represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. You will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- MSc degree in a relevant field, such as electronic engineering, biomedical engineering or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in wearable or implantable devices and/or life sciences/ MedTech markets.
- General knowledge of business models employed in SoC design and software selling.
- Good understanding of the healthcare domain and technological trends and challenges.
- You have outstanding communication skills: customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- Excellent presentation skills. Able to translate deep technical content to attractive and presentable material for customers.
- Relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function. You can extend your internal and external networks and are able to talk and confer on technical, legal, and business-related matters.
- Able to adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- Able to handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis, and other sales tools.
- Team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect with Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank at +31(0)6 50 83 75 63 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.