You are an ambitious master student with both scientific and practical skills looking for a thesis of at least 6-9 months. You have a physics, chemistry, material science or applied science background. You are pro-active and independent, at the same time a good team player. Good communication skills in English is expected.
Aim of this student project vacancy is to develop & optimize innovative Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition (S-ALD) processes for electrode materials and ceramic electrolytes. LiPON is a promising solid state ceramic electrolyte with wide implications, which still needs development to increase its conformal coatability and performance. The tasks include S-ALD of ceramic thin-films (with electrode or electrolyte properties), material characterization, battery cell preparation, testing and analysis. The student will also perform morphological and functional analysis, involving measurements like SEM, EDX, testing of battery materials etc.
- Literature research to benchmark the know-how present as state-of-art.
- Perform experiments in laboratory and clean room involving mainly the deposition using S-ALD equipment
- Material analysis (SEM/EDX, FIB analysis, etc.)
- Cell preparation and characterization
- Participate in group meetings, provide feed-back, discuss results, and propose solutions to various challenging aspects
- Write intermediate experimental reports and final thesis report
For all inquiries, please contact:
Dr.Sandeep Unnikrishnan (email@example.com