Contributing to the Healthcare Devices for the future. Envision it. Become a Business Development Manager at TNO in Eindhoven.
As Business Development Manager Healthcare Devices, you will be the the first line business interface with customers and prospects, the Business Development Manager uses market know-how in the domain of wearables and other MedTech markets to set the go-to-market strategy, together with the technical team. The pivotal role is to generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration. In close cooperation with Program Management and the worldwide Country Managers you create high-value proposals that you will follow-up until closure of a contract. You are key in maintaining and extending existing partnerships.
The Business Development Manager position will be located at TNO at Holst Centre, though it builds on close relations with several competence groups based both in TNO and its research partners. Hence close collaboration with your BD colleagues as well as legal and IP is expected.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Translate market trends and needs into value propositions based on TNO at Holst Centre unique R&D offerings
- Convert propositions into collaboration proposals based on TNO at Holst Centre various business models ranging from shared research programs, bilateral projects to government funded projects and spin off creation.
- Manage to total business development process until deal closing in close collaboration with management, technical, legal and IP teams.
- Advise Program Management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap, providing market requirements and product definitions.
- Represent Holst Centre at external fairs and exhibitions where customers, universities, chip foundries and design houses meet one another.
- Keep track of the latest market insights. Benchmark and validate the value of Holst Centre's solutions versus what is available elsewhere in the market.
TNO at Holst Centre: Accelerating innovation for a resilient society
What we expect from you
You are an enthusiastic and committed professional with a strong network in the medical device domain, who combines a technical and sales background with entrepreneurial spirit. You are also creative, self-starting and a team player.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- MSc or PhD degree in beta-sciences or equivalent through experience, preferably with an MBA.
- Ideally, you combine this with a minimum of 3 years of experience in business development for R&D projects.
- You have proven experience with sales/development projects in a complex environment;
- General knowledge of the integrational aspects of medical devices (e.g. materials, manufacturing processes etc).
- Excellent knowledge of the technologies and markets and use this to advise and promote to customers the most suitable solutions, in collaboration with the technical teams at Holst Centre.
- Ability to handle the full Business Development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight to actual deal closing with new partners / clients of Holst Centre;
- Willingness to travel worldwide (approx. 20%) on a frequent basis. Holst Centre has partners in Europe, Asia and the United States
Join our diverse team of highly-motivated experts at Holst Centre, located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. Coming from all over the world, your colleagues share a drive to develop innovative applications that improve people's vitality and well-being. Ours is a supportive environment, in which we stimulate sharing ideas and insights that may well lead to the next breakthrough in applied science.
The selection process
- The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
- The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
- In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
- As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening.