What you will do
During a previous project imec developed a sensorized ankle brace, with the goal to measure recovery after an ankle injury. The brace is now ready to go and to be validated. This project focusses on verification and validation of this brace in the field.
You would setup the experiments, test the hardware and perform the experiments. Verification with a reference device will be the first step. The second step will target injured athletes with an ankle injury during recovery. From the sensors you would calculate the angle of the ankle, the stability, the temperature and relate this to the improvement in functionality after an injury or the health ankle.
From this imec would like to determine if the brace is suitable for further development and use in the field on its own.
- Setup experiments.
- Test the hardware.
- Perform the experiments / data collection.
- Analyze the data.
- Write algorithms.
- Report on the outcomes
Who you are
- MSc in Biomedical engineering or eq.
- Available for 6-12 months.
- Experience in matlab and/or python.
- Interest in human physiology.
- Interest in setting-up and performing experiments.
- Knowledge of data analysis approaches.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.