What you will do
During a previous project imec developed a sensorized running blade to measure the deflection of the blade during running. The first prototypes of sensor are ready. Some improvements can be made to make it more user friendly and adaptable to different prosthesis. Validation of the device in the lab and in the field is another step that still needs to be performed. This project aims at improving the current prototype and perform further verification.
You would setup the experiments, test the hardware and perform the experiments. Verification with a reference device in the lab will be the first step. The second step will target athletes with a blade. From the sensors you would calculate the deflections, the orientation of the prosthesis and possibly also add speed, step length etc.
From this imec would like to determine if the device can be increased in maturity level to be finally used in the field by athletes and their trainers.
- Setup experiments.
- Test the hardware.
- Improve hardware if required.
- Perform the experiments / data collection.
- Analyze the data.
- Write algorithms.
- Report on the outcomes.
Who you are
- MSc (or BSc) in Biomedical engineering, Mechatronics engineering or eq.
- Available for 6-12 months.
- Experience in matlab and/or python.
- Interest in human physiology.
- Interest in setting-up and performing experiments.
- Knowledge of data analysis approaches.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.