As a Senior Researcher, you take part in the development of the next generation smart radio transceiver and radar solutions.
What you will do
The focus of the job is the design of innovative IoT radio PHY layer architectures and signal processing schemes for next generation radio and radar systems, with an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation. You will deliver high quality research results within the IoT systems program. In this position you will:
- Conduct system level analysis, performance studies, and evaluation of next-generation IoT communication, localization, or radar systems.
- Draft innovating concepts for the signal processing blocks of the IoT systems.
- Design and validation of algorithms for signal processing, including synchronization, compensation, calibration, error correction, etc.
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and work together with AI, analog, digital, IC and SW experts.
- Translate your new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of IoT systems over the next years.
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support.
- Over the years you will grow either on the scientific or on the managerial ladder.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of an innovative team of disruptive innovators and thinkers that works with both academia and industry to shape the future of wireless IoT. As a team, you work on radio system demonstrators with state-of-the-art performance in terms of e.g. power consumption, data-rates, added functionality like security or sensing. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- PhD degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Expert in signal processing and/or system modelling with a focus on research with a drive to bring them alive in a real hardware.
- Solid understanding of generic signal theory, signal processing and communications theory.
- Able to think ahead and give technical direction to the team.
- Have been involved in multi-disciplinary projects in SW and HW design.
- Radar / radio transceiver system modeling experience in e.g. Python/Matlab, Simulink, C++.
- Experience in calibration algorithms, super resolution, compressive sensing and/or space-time adaptive processing is a plus.
- Keen to transfer research results into development.
- Good communication skills in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine via +31(0)6-48861256.
If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a motivational letter. Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.