The focus of the job is the design, modelling and development of IoT radio PHY layer architectures and signal processing schemes for next generation radio and radar systems, with an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation. You will deliver high quality research results within the IoT systems program.
- Conduct system level analysis, performance studies, and evaluation of next-generation IoT communication, localization, or radar systems
- Define the top-level (radio) architectural structure and divide them into separate sub-blocks according to derived specification accordingly
- Draft innovating concepts for the signal processing blocks of the IoT systems
- Development of algorithms and solutions for IoT systems. In specific, design of algorithms for signal processing, including synchronization, compensation, calibration, error correction, etc.
- Translate your new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and interact with other system experts, AI experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack developers
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of IoT systems over the next years
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support
- Over the years you will grow either on the scientific or on the managerial ladder.
- Expert in (statistical) signal processing and system modelling with a focus on research;
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art in IoT communication, localization, and radar and their architectures;
- Solid understanding of generic signal theory, signal processing and communications theory;
- Have been involved in multi-disciplinary projects in SW and HW design;
- Radar / radio transceiver system modeling experience in Python/Matlab, Simulink, C++ and signal measurement equipment;
- Experience in calibration algorithms, superresolution, compressive sensing and/or space-time adaptive processing is a plus;
- Experience with transferring research results into development;
- Experience with version management and automated testing tools, like SVN, GIT and/or Jenkins;
- PhD degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experience;
- Good communication skills in English.
Location: Eindhoven, systems4IoT
For all inquiries, please contact:
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)650837563.