Act to create meaningful collaborations that enable the connectivity solutions of the future
What you will do
Imec develops nanoelectronics and digital technology solutions for advanced applications in domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility logistics and manufacturing, entertainment, and energy. Our Connectivity Business Team is looking for an experienced business development manager to identify sales leads, promote our hardware and software designs on current and future wireless and air sensing technologies including but not limited to Bluetooth and UWB, radar/lidar, gas and ultra-fine particle sensors, for medical, automotive, and industry and applications. In this position we need you to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Actively build and manage a portfolio of customers for imec relevant technologies in the semiconductor, wireless, radar, lidar and sensor market.
- Generate and follow up leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Detect, track, and quantify market trends and needs relevant towards imec's Connectivity roadmap and offering definition.
- Define go-to-market approach and reshape the technical offering through Voice-of-Customer inputs.
- Prepare proposals to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts. You also track the progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor the customer's satisfaction.Work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals.
- Coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to head of imec Connectivity Business Team.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. You will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- PhD or MSc degree in computer engineering, electronics or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing and/or business development, preferably in market making use of wireless and/or radar/lidar technologies in international chip design companies. You have a strong business insight and customer orientation.
- General knowledge of business models employed in SoC design and software selling.
- Good understanding of the connectivity domain and technological trends and challenges.
- You have outstanding communication skills: customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- Relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function. You can extend your internal and external networks and are able to talk and confer on technical, legal, and business-related matters.
- Able to adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- Able to handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis, and other sales tools.
- Team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills in English; other European languages are an asset.
Do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect with Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.