The Internet-of-Things is becoming a reality in our cities, workplace and at home. Imec R&D programs have established a world-leading track record on the design of novel sensor for environmental monitoring, people activity monitoring, accurate localization, and many other fields. Moreover, the combination of imec HW with innovative algorithms, real-life deployments and machine learning, opens new R&D tracks on Cognitive Edge research, as well as Data Science in the cloud.
While these technologies are creating highly valuable and real-time dashboards of the spaces around us, it is time to take the next step and prepare for an era of autonomous decisions where AI allows to close the loop between sensing and actuation.
AI can support people to live a more healthy and pleasant daily life, and to improve efficiency and wellbeing in professional activities.
As scientific director, you will define a new R&D line on intuitive spaces, where AI, Data Science and Machine Learning are enhancing state-of-the-art sensor devices, to create Intuitive Spaces that autonomously support people in their natural and built environment.
This imec research activity is mainly located in Holst Centre/imec the Netherlands in Eindhoven, yet in close collaboration with research groups located in imec Leuven, Antwerp and Ghent.
- As Scientific Director AI for Intuitive Spaces you will:
- Develop a scientific roadmap on AI for Intuitive Spaces, building on imec innovative sensors and enabling new applications with a focus on professional spaces.
- Pursue novel applications of technologies to address challenging real-world problems, including establishing new areas of research.
- Define, together with the research team, the requirements for a range of different problems. You conceptualize innovative methods and break-down research tracks into de-risk steps.
- Radiate imec's proficiency at conferences, seminars and other events, and participate in the adequate scientific eco-systems.
- Lead the research experts to international excellence and recognition in this field.
- Write and contribute to proposals, project status reports, technical white papers.
- Report to the director for Internet-of-Things.
- For this new role, we are looking for an outstanding principal researcher or professor, with entrepreneurial and business-oriented skills.
- We aim for an ambitious colleague with a PhD degree in AI, Augmented Reality, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Data Analysis or related fields.
- We really need you to know how to apply these techniques in industrial applications for smart buildings, smart health, industry 4.0, ...
- Obviously, we are looking for a candidate with an established research track record of international recognized scientific achievements and an international scientific network.
- We welcome team players with a positive can-do mentality who can transform scientific possibilities into tangible results.
- English is our working language, so fluency in English is required.
Location: Eindhoven, AI4IoT
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Olivia Cardinaels, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Telephone number: +32 476 6088 36
Do you think this job is made for you? Don't hesitate any longer and apply now