As a system signal processing expert, drive the development of next generation Radio and Radar based sensor solutions for the life science and internet of things domain.
Imec Netherlands has established a world-leading track record on the design of novel sensors for human health applications and ultra-low-power IoT devices in general. For instance, our teams continue to develop innovations in accurate localization, environmental monitoring, wearable and medical devices, and many other fields. At our HQ in Leuven, Belgium we are world-renowned for pioneering new process technologies in collaboration with industrial foundries and with the broader semiconductor ecosystem. Imec's research tracks enable unique opportunities for end-to-end innovations.
In this role, you will work on the development of signal processing algorithms for IoT systems, like radio and radar. with an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation. You will deliver high-quality engineering results within the Wireless Sensing program.
What you will do
We need you as R&D Engineer Wireless Systems to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Take end-to-end responsibility of wireless (sub-)systems - architecture development, specification, design, evaluation, and demonstration - for wireless communication, localization, or radar sensing.
- Conduct system-level analysis and define the top-level architecture for radio systems and define specifications building blocks.
- Develop (novel) algorithms and solutions for wireless signal processing, including synchronization, compensation of non-idealities, calibration, and error correction.
- Collaborate with various disciplines for successful system design, i.e. System Experts, AI researchers, analog and digital IC designers, hardware, and software developers.
- Lead evaluation of systems in lab or realistic environment; and design demonstration platforms.
- Interact with external partners as a technical interface for existing and new collaborations.
- Translate innovative insights into patent applications and high impact publications.
- Contribute to the vision and technical roadmaps for the evolution of wireless systems over the next years.
What we do for you
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the relocation process.
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience after MSc or 3+ years after Ph.D.
- Solid understanding of generic signal processing and communications theory.
- Knowledgeable in the state-of-the-art in (ULP) wireless communication, localization, radar architectures.
- Expert in system modelling and signal processing with a drive for innovation.
- Expert in radio/radar transceiver system modelling in Python and/or MATLAB (must).
- Knowledgeable in guiding the implementation of system models on FPGA, or system-on-a-chip (SoC).
- Affinity with working in and steering multi-disciplinary projects, including analog/digital IC designers and embedded Hardware/Software engineers.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art machine-learning techniques is a big plus.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine via +31(0)6-48861256 or read more about our expertise and achievements via following links to get a better understanding of the type of projects you can be part of:
- Next-generation ultra-wide band technology
- Imec combines advanced machine learning algorithms and innovations in chip design to achieve cm accuracy and low-power ultra wideband localization
- Imec Sets New Benchmark with 30cm Accurate and Secure Localization Solution based on Bluetooth
- Imec designs breakthrough sub-mW radar for presence detection in smart buildings
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.