For the Financial who loves to be "in Control"
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and digital technology in food and health
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That is why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
What if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if ...?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don't just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development. This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as a Project Controller to be part of our interdisciplinary team to take control of all financial related responsibilities we have in OnePlanet Research Center. In this position you will be part of the imec NL Finance team in Eindhoven. Hence you will support and back-up the control for Eindhoven projects as well.
In this challenging position your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- First financial point of contact for researchers working from location Gelderland.
- Project Controlling for several public funded projects.
- Prepare annual P&L budget for OnePlanet Research Center.
- Manage consolidated control in OnePlanet towards partners WUR, RU and RUMC.
- Initiate and generate annual report and financial statements for imec-NL.
- Check financial compliance in public funded projects, government grants, etc.
- Manage all audits related to OnePlanet.
- KPI monitoring and reporting.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to support Researchers and Scientists who bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- Bachelor degree in Business Economics, Business Administration or Finance related.
- Additional HOFAM degree as Qualified Controller is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Familiar with technology in an R&D environment where projects, grants and subsidized work is a daily routine.
- Good knowledge and experience of working with Dutch GAAP is a must.
- Good knowledge about Dutch fiscal rules andregulations.
- You have a tactical and strategic way of thinkingand the capability of overseeing, planning and monitoring businessquestions.
- Ability to deal with many different types ofoperational tasks.
- Knowledge of European projects (eg: horizon2020).
- Good knowledge of working with Excel is a must, SAP is a plus.
- Proven can-do attitude, accurate and coming up with practical working solutions.
- Open to work both from Wageningen (60%) and Eindhoven (40%) office.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English (speech and writing) is a must have.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet Research. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563. More information on our activities you can find via www.OnePlanetResearch.nl.
Click on apply to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.