Electronic systems are coming closer and closer to the body through smartphone health apps, smart wristbands, smart health patches, VR/AR headsets, etc.. Medical-grade wearables stand to revolutionize chronic disease management and will provide the caregiver and the patient with unprecedented insights and will enable precision medicine thanks to predictive personalized analytics. Smart wearables enriched with personalized coaching will empower us towards a healthier lifestyle and towards the prevention of disease. At imec we have a track record of more than 15 years of building wearable medical and personal health solutions with leading worldwide customers and partners. We have grown to become a large and internationally recognized team and our ambition is to expand our health research activities.
Your work is at the crossroads of research and business development. You will be responsible for an R&D program that creates innovative solutions for diverse chronic and acute care applications, and which builds on imec circuit, system, algorithm and technology innovations. In this role, you implement imec's vision for the future, define the required R&D innovations, and guide the project leaders in achieving the objectives. You are also responsible for monitoring the timing and progress of the program at a global level and for the income of the program. You are inspiring the team and you energize customers and prospects with your vision. You can match our client's visions with imec offerings and innovations. Whereas imec has already built up a track record of outpatient monitoring innovations for chronic diseases, there are a great deal of untapped opportunities and it is your challenge to broaden imec's R&D and business offering in those areas that have the highest potential.
- Based on inputs from business development, from customer discussions you will have and from our principal scientists, you will synthesize a shared vision and translate that into a clear R&D roadmap and value proposition for imec's customers, building the various R&R program lines within the Health sector in imec.
- You work together with Project Leaders, System Architects and Technical Experts in order to translate the high-level roadmap into actionable activities with clear milestones.
- Together with the Business Development Manager and the Program Directors, you are responsible to attract customers programs for this program.
- Create project proposals for collaboration and define the related value proposition to acquire new business partners.
- In this role you also act as People Manager for a diverse team. You motivate and challenge your team members to develop themselves and you encourage them to step out of their comfort zone.
- You will act as a sounding board for the members of your team on both technical and organizational issues.
- You are responsible for maintaining and further expanding the knowledge and expertise within the team. You indicate the necessary capacity to successfully execute projects.
- You will be responsible to direct and approve the various patents and publications of the team.
- You will report to the Senior Director. Besides you will have communication lines to other Program Managers in imec and Holst center, to Directors as well as Business Development Managers in The Netherlands and Belgium and to the regional sales team. As Research program manager you interact directly with the line manager(s) of the expert teams.
- Scientific degree combined with 10 years of relevant research & management experience in a health-related field preferably with an affinity to silicon, electronic systems, algorithm development and digital applications.
- A strong international network in a relevant field (medical devices, pharma).
- Ideally links and experience to the healthcare field (hospitals, care providers etc).
- Experience in creating, and closing funded programs.
- An inspirational communicator and you are driven by a vision of future health.
- You are a technically oriented People Manager who is able to coach, motivate and inspire team members to get the best out of themselves.
- Experienced in managing highly skilled employees in an R&D environment.
- You are excellent at dealing with changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel 15-20% of the time.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Imec is a world leader in nano-electronics. It leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. As a result of these partnerships, imec can deliver technology solutions relevant to the industry. In its unique high-tech environment, international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, and has offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, India and Japan. Its staff of 3700 people includes 740 industrial residents and guest researchers.
Imec the Netherlands is part of Holst Centre, which was founded in 2005 by imec and TNO. Holst Centre is an independent R&D center that develops technologies for wireless sensor technologies and flexible electronics, in an open innovation setting and in dedicated research trajectories. Imec the Netherlands is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a motivational letter. Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.