At imec we have a strong experience and background in IC / FPGA design for future IoT, neuromorphic, health and biomedical applications. Our team is specialized in developing ICs for low power radio communication, highly efficient neural networks for wearable design to reliably monitor vital signs such as ECG, Bio-impedance and PPG, making use of our advanced sensor readouts.
Imec has a unique position in the world. As a research institute we are able to offer leading-edge IC design research with a high affinity to the application domains and we also understand the key role that Photonics plays in many scientific and industrial fields. That is the reason why within our organization in The Netherlands we will set up new research tracks that exploit Photonics together with competences such as CMOS design and Neuromorphic design in Health, Connectivity and Industrial (f.i. LIDAR) applications. Together with external partners and internal photonics groups in imec worldwide (Belgium and USA), we aim to extend our research and capabilities in the Silicon and Indium Phosphide photonics area. Furthermore we continue to support our vision on care where we shift from 'sick' care to 'health' care to 'personal' care. We are looking for an (experienced) Photonics Engineer who is eager to join this innovative research journey.
What you will do
As an experienced Photonics Engineer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team to develop novel integrated photonic devices and (heterogeneous) systems supporting our research activities in fields such as Health, Connectivity and Industrial for future IoT, neuromorphic, automotive and biomedical applications. Your main tasks will include:
- Support and perform the design of novel silicon photonics devices and photonic integrated circuits together with other imec teams.
- Validate new photonics designs in (heterogeneous) systems in a lab environment.
- Analyse and interpret the results and report them to the team.
- Engage industry-wide best practices in your designs to ensure quality.
- Contribute to high-quality reports, publications and documentation and optionally attend conferences.
- Support customers implementing (y)our photonics work in their applications.
- Collaborate within internal and external partners (ex: other imec photonics groups).
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the relocation process.
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- You hold a MSc or PhD degree in (applied) physics, optical science, electronics, electrical engineering or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in Silicon or III-V-based photonics technologies and designs.
- Solid knowledge about Silicon and/or Indium Phosphide photonics design, fabrication and characterization is required.
- Excellent understanding of the tools that are typically used for photonics IC design is required.
- Knowledge about CMOS design, -both analog and digital-, is appreciated.
- Experience in programming with Python, MATLAB or similar system modelling software is a plus.
- A network in the photonics industry and links to external (research) organizations is appreciated.
- Knowledge of photonics packaging is a plus.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- You have an (applied) research mindset and the desire to stay up to date with recent advancements in state-of-the-art.
- Taking the initiative and responsibility, which means thinking pro-actively, working independently and having a critical and solving problem attitude are attributes that define yourself.
- You are someone who has a broad interest across disciplines and who likes to deliver quality.
AAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it? Then you can connect with Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank on +31(0)6 50 83 75 63 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.