A pro-active and hands-on engineer who can execute and organise a wide variety of laboratory activities
What you will do
We need you as a Laboratory Technician to be part of our interdisciplinary team to contribute to the technology that will define tomorrow's society. In this role, you will be working in a laboratory environment where lab research on a wide range of new sensor technologies is taking place. You will be responsible for helping (senior) researchers and students in their activities and experiments and for the organization and coordination of laboratory operations as well as.
Tasks will include:
- Setting-up new laboratory functionalities including programming.
- Helping researchers in conducting experiments (e.g., sensor characterization, build test-ups, programming, data analysis, etc.) and prepare solutions and aliquoting of reagents.
- Write standard operation procedures.
- Drive the implementation of process improvements and good practices in relation to Health, Safety and Environment.
Who you are
- You hold an MBO+ degree in a relevant field (e.g., physics, electronics). Affinity with chemistry.
- You have more than five years of working experience in a laboratory environment.
- Good understanding and experience with Good Laboratory Practice.
- Hands-on attitude, which means taking initiatives, having a flexible approach, and solving problems on a daily base.
- You are a quick learner and interested in acquiring new competences.
- Good communication skills in English are a must and a good level of Dutch is highly appreciated.
- Good interaction and organizational skills, accurate, eager, and open attitude are attributes that define yourself.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- You are highly motivated to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment amongst top-notch researchers at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. We continuously invest in our people through training, but also conferences, seminars and other scientific platforms are part of our investments.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition specialist. You can reach Ana at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.