As an IoT Data Scientist you will design, develop and implement disruptive signal processing and machine learning algorithms for IoT Systems and Applications.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create ground-breaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 97 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and has distributed R&D groups in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, at a number of Flemish universities, and offices in India and Japan. To guarantee our continued position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently, we are looking for an IOT Data Scientist to join our High Tech Campus Research Center in Eindhoven.
The IOT Data Scientist will propose, design, and implement data-driven algorithms and approaches for applications related to Gas & Ion sensors. In this position you are part of the IOT Program where we work on sensor technologies to apply in smart-city and smart-building environments.
What you will do
Current and future challenges in the domain of environmental monitoring and healthcare require disruptive technological innovations in AI, signal processing, and algorithms. At imec the Netherlands, you have the opportunity to tackle these challenges and with your technical expertise, problem solving, and innovation skills, make an impact for future generation of IoT systems and applications.
Your main focus is to propose, design, and implement data-driven algorithms and approaches for applications related to Gas & Ion sensors. Applications include sensor development, smart-city and smart-building. Your tasks include:
- Design and development of algorithms and solutions for IoT systems. Including applications for synchronization, sensor compensation, sensor calibration, and error correction.
- Build automatic data analysis tools for validating your algorithms across different deployments and data-sets.
- Interface with experts on artificial intelligence, data science, deep learning algorithms.
- Contribute to the vision and evolution of IoT systems over the next years.
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and interact with system experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack developers.
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You have relevant hands-on experience in machine learning, signal processing algorithm development (Minimum PhD or Msc +2 years experience).
- You are a problem solver, and excited to work on proposing and implementing new solutions of difficult technical challenges.
- Strong understanding of statistical performance metrics, generic signal processing and machine learning tools.
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art algorithms, particularly in the fields of time-series analysis, multivariate analysis, estimation/classification (detection) theory and neural networks.
- Strong knowledge in Python programming and Data Science tools. You are expected to program your algorithm and solutions.
- You take responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, simulations, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of working with prevalent NoSQL (e.g., MongoDB) and SQL DBs.
- Knowledge of in C/C++ is a plus.
- Experience with air quality monitoring, smart-cities and smart-building systems is a plus.
- You hold a proven track record in multi-disciplinary projects in software and algorithm design.
- Experience with state-of-the-art cloud services e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are a flexible team player, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Ana at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.