With a strong interest in contributing to innovation in the IoT, AI, and Health Domains
As an IC Validation Engineer you will play a key role in the development of RF and mixed-signal IC's in a broad variety of projects and domains. You do this by closely collaborating with the design team from an early stage and taking the lead in the planning and execution of the testing, validation and demonstration of performance of cutting-edge IC's. You will also drive improvements and work towards automated testing protocols with support of the team and management. This unique opportunity as individual contributor gives the opportunity to make an impact in a very tangible way by having a key role in in a unique and dynamic research environment at the forefront of technology.
What you will do
As an IC Validation Engineer, you will be a part of our multidisciplinary team working at the forefront of health and connectivity research. Your main tasks will include:
- Take ownership of the characterization process of radio and mixed-signal ICs from planning and performing the measurements to interpreting the results while working with the IC design team.
- Collaborate with systems architects and circuit designers to create plans for IC measurement campaigns.
- According to these requirements, set up a test plan, organise and prepare for the measurement campaigns.
- Define and maintain test automation flows using Python (or similar scripting).
- Build lab demos of RF systems using protocol testers/signal analysers.
- Take ownership of the administration (acquisition, maintenance, and upgrading) of lab equipment.
- Contribute to IC development from the testability standpoint.
- Contribute to hardware development for demonstration kits.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the relocation process.
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- BSc or MSc degree in electronics engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in high-performance RF/analog IC characterization or design.
- Good knowledge of measurement equipment including spectrum analysers, VNA, oscilloscopes, signal analysers, and protocol testers.
- Affinity and experience with measurement automation.
- Good experience of using Python, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), git, or similar version management system.
- Good understanding of PCB design for analog circuits including supply decoupling.
- Knowledge of working with FPGA platforms is a plus.
- Self-driven and enthusiastic to work in a dynamic research environment.
- Able to take ownership of tasks from planning to execution.
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with researchers in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine via +31(0)6-48861256. If you wish to apply then please submit your full resume and include a motivational letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.