Imec's Integrated Circuit Design team has a strong experience and background in IC / FPGA design for future IOT, neuromorphic, health and bio-medical applications. Our team is specialized in developing ICs for low power radio communication (for example, Bluetooth and UWB), highly efficient neural networks for wearable design to reliably monitor vital signs such as ECG, Bio-impedance and PPG, making use of our advanced sensor readouts. We cover the full chain including analog signal amplification, filtering, analog-to-digital conversion, digital post processing and solutions for wire and wireless interfacing. Our team has a strong collaboration with other application and algorithm teams within imec who build advanced systems around our ICs, such as localization with radio proximity measurement and radar, activity trackers, stress measurement, arrhythmia detection, blood-pressure calculation, etc. As such imec has a unique position in the world able to offer leading edge IC design research with a high affinity to the applications domain. We have a strong focus on quality enabling a short road to (low-) volume production and market introduction.
To strengthen our design team, we are looking for a Digital IC Design Engineer. The applications within our usual focus are extremely challenging with regards to signal integrity and power consumption. Hence we are looking for an engineer with background and affinity in low-power (mixed-signal / digital) signal processing design for radio, neuromorphic, and/or biomedical/neural sensing applications. AI knowledge is highly preferred.
What you will do
As a Digital IC Design Engineer you will become part of a team to develop novel mixed/digital signal ASICs. Your main tasks will include:
- Define concepts and architectures for next generation ICs for IoT and Health applications.
- Develop innovative signal processing concepts for various applications, such as digital basebands for radio design, digital filter development for (bio-medical) sensor chips. This may include explorative fields as machine-learning and neuromorphic computing. Investigate possible synergies with our typical applications.
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team. Understand (internal or external) customer needs, challenges and requirements and translate that into solutions that you can incorporate into your designs.
- Take responsibility for the design of high-performance, ultra-low-power digital signal processing modules. This includes:
- Coming up with signal processing algorithms and digital architectures.
- RTL development.
- Collaborate with digital back-end team for synthesis and PNR.
- Verification (including mixed-signal simulations and developing analog behavioral models).
- Validate your own designs experimentally in a lab environment.
- Employ industry-wide best practices in your designs to ensure quality.
- Contribute to high-quality reports and documentation.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- Master in electronics engineering with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in digital circuit design, or PhD in electronics engineering (or equivalent through relevant experience).
- Hands on experience with coding by VHDL and/or (System-) Verilog and RTL/gate level simulations are a must have. Knowledge of all remaining steps of the digital ASIC design flow from specification to test such as logic synthesis, timing analysis, power simulation, logic equivalence, DFT and PNR is preferred.
- Good knowledge of best practices in digital IC design to ensure high-quality low power and testable designs.
- Affinity with analog circuit design.
- Experience with Cadence IC design tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like TCL, Perl, Matlab and/or Python is preferred.
- Knowledge of FPGA and/or µController (firmware/software) development to support measurements is preferred.
- Knowledge of AI / Neuromorphic design is preferred.
- Proactive and result driven personality with a broad interest across disciplines.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong desire to deliver quality and maximum efficiency.
- Open and constructive communicator and fluent in English (oral and written).
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563. If you wish to apply then please submit your full resume and include a motivational letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.