What you will do
A local inflammatory response of the knee is common after surgery (e.g. arthroscopy, replacement) or injury. The common symptoms are swelling, stiffness of the joint, redness & warmth around the knee. During the rehabilitation it is of utmost importance to monitor the inflammatory to enhance recovery.
At the moment it is not possible to measure the magnitude of the inflammatory response other than by eye or by a trained physiotherapist. Therefore, Imec wants to develop a wearable device to measure the common symptoms of the local inflammatory response.
In this project, you will try different sensors and test which ones are the most suitable to measure the inflammatory response. You will test the hardware, setup experiments and analyze the data.
- Setup experiments.
- Test the hardware.
- Perform basic experiments.
- Analyze the data.
- Write algorithms.
- Report on the outcomes.
What we do for you
We offer you an experienced multi-disciplinary team in the field of sensor technology, algorithm development and strong connection to clinical practice. With access to all the necessary equipment to rapidly alter your designs.
Who you are
- MSc electrical engineering/ mechatronics/ biomedical engineering.
- Available for 6-12 months.
- Experience in matlab and/or python.
- Experience with multiple sensors to measure human physiology.
- Interest in human physiology.
- Interest in setting-up and performing experiments.
- Knowledge of data analysis approaches.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.