To create and execute internal and external communication strategies that boost our activities and business objectives
What you will do
We are looking for a Corporate Communications Specialist who will be responsible for executing the strategic communications plan for imec the Netherlands. Imec Netherlands at Holst Centre develops technology that responds to global societal challenges and contributes to new micro-electronical and sensor technology solutions in the fields of health & vitality, energy & climate, mobility & industry 5.0. Based on that, your aim in this position will be to create visibility on the societal and economic impact of our activities by focusing on key stakeholders and media in The Netherlands.
In this role, you will report to the General Manager of imec Netherlands while also functionally reporting to the EVP Communications at headquarters in Leuven. Based in Eindhoven, you will also closely collaborate with other communication specialist colleagues in Leuven (Belgium) and OnePlanet Research Center in Wageningen (Netherlands).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Execute, monitor and improve the stakeholder communications strategy to support the local objectives of imec in The Netherlands;
- Actively build and nurture relationships with stakeholders to support the lobby activities for (government) funding for imec in Holst Centre;
- You are the internal communications expert for both business and functional areas (such as HR);
- Develop employer branding to support talent acquisition for imec The Netherlands in line with the corporate employer branding;
- In collaboration with business development teams, program directors and scientists you create communication content for external and internal communications. You disseminate this content according to the strategy for the Netherlands to both external and internal audiences;
- Build and maintain relationships with press in The Netherlands in close collaboration with the corporate press manager and local customers audiences and keep them up to date about imec strategy and new developments. You respond to local press inquiries, determine the right spokesperson and organize press interviews. For international press inquiries, you closely collaborate with our corporate press manager;
- While using all of our current communications possibilities, you keep track of the newest developments in communications;
- You work closely together with the Communications Specialist at TNO in Holst Centre to support the joint communications needs;
- You are the interface between imec at Holst Centre and the imec corporate and marketing communications team so that the R&D strategy, results and collaborations are also communicated via the corporate channels.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining the team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT.
Who you are
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Communications, Marketing or equivalent;
- You have 8-10 years of working experience in communications (external & internal);
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- You excel in both English and Dutch (text and speech);
- You are an enterprising person who enjoys working in an all-round position on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strategic thinker while also having a hands-on approach are attributes that define yourself;
- Because of the technical environment, similar experience in a technical environment is essential;
- You can translate the technical content to online and offline communication in an independent manner;
- You quickly recognize communication opportunities and effectively address those opportunities;
- Experienced in organizing business events for large audiences;
- You easily establish contacts, are cooperative and feel at home at all levels of the organization.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead at imec Netherlands. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.