As a Biomedical Algorithm R&D Engineer, you drive algorithm development of innovative prototypes for future healthcare applications.
What you will do
You will contribute in our effort to improve the life of future patients, by developing prototype applications that sense environmental and physiological signals and translates these signals to information that empower people to manage their own health. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the design, implementation of innovative algorithms and data processing methods to analyze data and provide feedback and insights. You will also interact with customers and suppliers to align on planning, progress, and transfer of results.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Design efficient algorithm implementations in MATLAB, Python and C/C++, that translate multiple physiological signals from implantable and wearable sensor systems into indicative biomarkers that can be used to monitor the health and recovery of patients.
- Contribute to the research activities by creating building blocks for autonomous closed loop implantable systems and artificial organs.
- In cooperation with customers, partners, and engineers from different disciplines, you are involved in multistage algorithm development from prototyping and exploration to implementation and validation.
- Possibility to take the lead in small to medium sized projects (1 to 4 people) and drive application solutions for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Interact with customers to align on system requirements and periodical progress meetings.
- Interact with biomedical, software and hardware engineers to support validation of developed algorithms in real-life or clinical studies.
- Share knowledge with the team, document, provide technical guidance, and drive technical roadmap in area of implantable and wearable sensor systems.
- Deliver high quality output, in a timely fashion, and in line with requirements.
- Translate new insights into patent applications and publications at conferences and journals.
What we do for you
By joining the imec Health Research team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our researchers and engineers, you will work on implants and companions for artificial organs to develop building blocks for autonomous closed loop care. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
- MSc / PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar field.
- 4+ years' experience in algorithm design and implementation in Python and Matlab.
- Knowledge of C/ C++, Java, machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with wearable devices and their constraints (hardware, software, algorithms) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are an agile team player, actively helping other team members.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You like technical challenges and are inspired by them.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can contact Mayuri Nalawade, Talent Acquisition Specialist imec-NL. You can reach Mayuri via Mayuri.Nalawade.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us a motivational letter as well as an up-to-date resume if you wish to apply via our website.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.