To architect and implement ultra-low-power transceivers to change the way we work and live
The IC-design team in imec Netherlands develops innovative solutions for massive and heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices within the internet of things (IoT). We have built various ultra-low-power (ULP) radio IC's like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth-LE, and also a UWB 6-10 GHz radio tuned towards precise ranging and localization (~6 cm). Besides, we deliver our designs to customers, patent the different inventions and publish our results in renowned conferences and papers (ISSCC, RFIC, DATE, JSSC, etc.).
What you will do
As an Analog RF IC Researcher, you will take the lead in a multi-disciplinary team to make our solutions smarter by adding neuromorphic circuits, use RF circuits for sensing solutions, and develop miniature transceivers for IoT and medical implantable applications. Your main tasks will include:
- Architect and implement ultra-low-power transceiver SoCs including innovative methods and circuits.
- Understand and support (internal or external) customer needs, challenges and requirements and translate those into solutions to be incorporated into your designs.
- Design state-of-the-art innovative circuits as part of an ultra-low power wireless system.
- Together with the team, you will perform research focused on new technical methods.
- Publish and participate in high-quality reports, papers, publications and attend conferences.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of ULP transceivers over the next years.
- Take the lead in the interaction with (internal or external) partners and towards new prospects as part of technical support.
- Coach and guide junior team members to grow their talent, the quality of the work and the innovative relevance.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as Digital IC design, Photonics, AI...
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to help bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the relocation process.
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- You hold a Master's degree (with at least 5 years of experience) or a PhD degree (with 3 years of working experience) in Electronic Engineering.
- You have a strong experience in RF and Analog IC Design being part of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Solid understanding of transistors, circuits, architectures, control loops and signal integrity is required.
- Excellent knowledge of transceiver architectures and state-of-the-art in low power transceiver design is a must.
- Previous experience coaching students or junior designers is appreciated.
- You come up with new technical methods, ideas and concepts which bring significant impact on our research to define and implement next-generation best-in-class transceivers.
- Experience with 40/28nm CMOS, FDSOI, Cadence IC6; EM simulation is a big plus.
- Affinity with Photonics design is a plus too.
- Previous experience working closely with (internal or external) customers is appreciated.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- Taking the initiative and responsibility for team's success, which means thinking pro-actively, working independently and having a creative and solving problem attitude are attributes that define yourself.
- You are someone who has a broad interest across disciplines and who likes to embrace new challenges.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply then please submit your full resume and include a motivational letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.