Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 97 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. To guarantee our continued position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently, we are looking for a professional (Senior) Researcher Gas and Ion Sensors for the IoT team at our High Tech Campus research center in Eindhoven.
What you will do
As a (Senior) Researcher Gas and Ion Sensors, your focus will be on the research, development, characterization and deployment of new (chemical) sensor technologies that are disruptive, either in size, power consumption or selectivity. New sensor technologies are one of the key enablers to realize the full potential of IoT. There will be a strong interaction with the IoT system colleagues in order to realize embedded prototypes. Early deployments for several use cases will test the sensors against real-life requirements at an early stage and as such speed-up the sensor development time. In this position you will:
- Identify the appropriate technologies and material selections that lead to new gas and ion sensors (applications).
- Perform research on new sensor concepts, from literature study to early Proof-of-Concept towards hands-on prototyping.
- DOE and characterization of chemical sensor prototypes (Proof of Functionality and Proof of concept).
- Report the scientific results internally, externally and towards customers and imec's partners in funded projects.
- Validate prototypes in real-life, outside the lab environment in the field and customer location under various circumstances.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of technologies and products in the area of gas and ion sensors applications, benchmarking of new sensor development.
- Provide input for new research topics and contribute to imec's roadmap.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- You are an experienced researcher with a proven track record on performing state of the art research in material chemistry (3-10 years).
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- Experience in the transfer of new material composition and processes demonstrated at lab-scale to pilot-scale for production trials and performance verification.
- You have deep electrochemical theoretical knowledge and master electrochemical techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and common potentiostatic and galvanostatic measurement methods.
- Experience with liquid electrolytes, polymer electrolytes, ionic liquids, and solid-state devices is a plus.
- You have experience working in a 'gas-laboratory'.
- You have knowledge of statistical tools and methods for analyzing results.
- You have experience in executing and leading technical projects.
- You have a proven can-do attitude, which means taking the initiative, pro-actively thinking, a flexible attitude and problem solving on a daily base.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a motivational letter.
Click on 'apply' to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.