Within a larger project aiming at increasing technology in sports, Imec is looking at adding sensors to prosthetic gait. In this project you would add sensors to a running blade in prosthetic users. You would setup the experiments, test the hardware and perform the experiments. From the sensors you would estimate the deformation of the prosthesis and relate this to other gait parameters like symmetry and running efficiency. Eventually we would like to see if the sensors can be used to optimize the settings of the blade for its individual user and thereby increase the performance.
- Setup experiments.
- Test the hardware.
- Perform the experiments / data collection.
- Analyze the data.
- Write algorithms.
- Report on the outcomes.
- MSc in Biomedical engineering or eq.
- Available for 9-12 month
- Experience in matlab and/or python
- Interest in human physiology
- Interest in setting-up and performing experiments
- Knowledge of data analysis approaches
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field
- Good written and verbal English skills
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist.
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675