In this project, you will design an ECG simulator in software. The goal of this simulator is to provide testing and validation data for algorithms such as beat detection, ECG derived respiration and motion artifact reduction.
You will start by performing a literature review and understand the requirements for the ECG simulator. The next step is then to get a deep understanding of the electrical heart activity, and how this heart activity is influenced under various heart conditions and artifacts.
You will propose for the architecture and sub-systems, and implement (parts of) it.
- Study the problem and provide a state-of-the-art analysis of existing solutions and a literature review.
- Algorithm and model development.
- Deliver documented code.
- Write technical documentation and present the results.
- You are a Msc student in Biomedical Engineering / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering.
- You are available for a period of 9-12 months.
- Basic knowledge of Matlab and/or Python.
- Followed courses on signal processing, algorithm development, and human physiology.
- Interested in biomedical instrumentation.
- Interested in (simulating) cardiac abnormalities and artifacts.
- Entitled to do an internship in the Netherlands.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.
Please be advised that non-EU/EEA country students that are studying outside of the Netherlands, need to have a work-permit to be able to do an internship in the Netherlands.
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR Business Partner.
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675