Wide tuning range with extreme high linearity DCO becomes the most critical blocks in wideband modulation system. To design such a DCO, calibration and optimization at circuit and architecture levels is a must. In this project, a wide and linear tuning DCO will be developed.
Wide tuning range and high linearity DCO are necessary for the wideband modulation systems, such as FMCW radars. For such systems, wide tuning range is required to achieve fine range resolution, while linear tuning curve is require to avoid introducing distortion.
In this project, three main goals will be implemented in advanced CMOS technology:
- Architecture and circuit topology exploration
- Design of wide and linear tuning range DCO
- Chip implementation of the design
- Literature studies on state-of-the-art wide tuning range GHz DCO
- Architecture study and proposal
- Circuit implementation
- Layout and post-layout simulation
- Tape-out and measurement
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledges of designing CMOS circuits
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field
- Good written and verbal English skills
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist.
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675