You are an ambitious master student with both scientific and practical skills looking for a project of at least 4 months (preferably 6 months). You have a chemistry or applied science or materials background. You are pro-active and independent, at the same time a good team player. Good communication skills in English is expected.
Aim of this student project is to develop electrodeposition processes for advanced electrode and current collector materials. The tasks will include developing a complete insight into process parameters and how they affect the deposited layers. The focus will be on the deposition of layer on planar and corrugated structures. The student will also perform morphological and functional analysis, involving measurements like SEM, EDX, electrochemical testing of battery materials etc.
- Literature research to benchmark the know-how present as state-of-art.
- Perform experiments in laboratory and clean room involving mainly the understanding and monitoring of electrodeposition processes
- Material analysis (SEM/EDX, FIB analysis, electrochemical testing)
- Participate in group meetings, provide feed-back, discuss results, and propose solutions to various challenging aspects
- Write intermediate experimental reports and final thesis report
For all inquiries, please contact:
Contact : Dr. Reza Fathi / e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org