As a Technical Project Leader Medical Device Development you will drive the technical direction of a venture project. Your challenge is to bring the project into a functioning product, by interacting with customers, suppliers and different team members. You will be employed by imec the Netherlands for 6 months while also participating in a full 3 months venture acceleration program. The aim is to join the venture after these 6 months. This is your opportunity to be exposed to new technologies and applications that will have an impact on tomorrow's society. You will have the opportunity to create and be part of an entrepreneurial environment and to bring our innovative technologies and applications to the market.
- Lead a venture project by developing medical device prototypes based on imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, DSP/microcontrollers and radio's, while interfacing to PC's, smartphones and other portable devices;
- Communicate and interact with a multi-disciplinary project team consisting Electrical, Software, and Biomedical Engineers;
- Manage operational execution of the project and deliver results in time;
- Manage suppliers and partners for the project, like PCB suppliers and mechanical design companies;
- Build and maintain a close relation and communication within the team; align on regular basis, and ensure issues are resolved quickly;
- Support Business Development in the venture project;
- Interaction with customers and prospective customers.
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field;
- 4+ years' experience in low-power embedded system design, preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks and electronics;
- Experience in hardware and software development in accordance with medical device regulations;
- Experience in leading development projects;
- Experience with formal development, including requirements management, issue tracking, change management, regression testing etc;
- Able to take responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders;
- Proven ability to take on extensive responsibility and excel in a small team environment;
- Independent and driven, able to manage tight deadlines;
- Ambitious and highly motivated individual seeking a professional challenge;
- A strong entrepreneurial and result-oriented spirit;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow;
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR Business Partner
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated.