In close collaboration with industrial customers, clinical partners, and engineers from different disciplines, you will architect and design innovative algorithms to run on wearable systems for bio medical applications, combining cutting-edge research results with state-of-the-art components. Your main focus is to deliver solutions that can be used for (clinical) studies to explore ways to monitor and manage health problems in real life.
- Develop algorithms based on bio medical signals that will first run offline and will later be integrated in real time applications based on prototypes of imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radio's, while interfacing to PC's, smartphones and other portable devices.
- Define protocols for data collection of bio medical signals such as EOG, ECG, EEG in order to develop robust algorithms.
- Combine signal processing with machine learning techniques to deliver state of the art algorithms.
- Interact with customers to align on system requirements and review progress.
- Support validation of developed algorithms in real-life or clinical studies.
- Share knowledge with the team, provide technical guidance, and drive technical roadmap in area of wearable electronics.
- Deliver high quality system designs, in a timely fashion, and in line with requirements.
- MSc degree in bio medical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, data science or similar field;
- 4+ years' experience in bio medical signal processing preferably in the field of wearable health;
- Experience in bio medical signal processing for signal conditioning and feature extraction;
- Experience in algorithm development;
- Experience in Matlab, Python (Numpy/Scipy);
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow;
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences;
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675