As a Senior IoT Architect you will architect and design embedded (constrained) wireless sensor nodes for multiple projects. Together with your colleagues, you will advance the state-of-the-art by developing innovative demonstrators and exploiting the latest technologies. These prototypes are used in pilot studies in real-life environments.
- You develop embedded software for applications based on sensors, DSP and microcontroller platforms and radios that interface to PCs, smart phones and other portable devices.
- Define an architecture that optimizes maintainability and ease of development.
- Demonstrate the prototypes at partner meetings, conferences and symposia.
- Lead and maintain a generic firmware architecture.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers and DSPs.
- You will lead projects and help junior team members and students.
- In close collaboration with software designers, IC designers, hardware designers and application experts, you deliver results in line with the roadmap.
- You remain up-to-date on leading technologies and products in the area of embedded SW. This allows you to generate innovative ideas for future research.
- You advise the IC designers on how to optimize system integration of newly developed ICs at the software level or on newly developed security solutions sensor nodes.
- You will be the technical liaison with our external partners and suppliers, responsible for all technical aspects and project timelines.
- MSc degree in embedded software or electrical engineering or equal through experience.
- 7 years of experience in low-power embedded software design and software architectures for strongly resource limited devices.
- 7 years of experience in C++ embedded real time operating systems, low-power embedded HW/SW co-design.
- You have collaborated with security experts, IC designers, and application experts in multidisciplinary projects (plus).
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions (must).
- Experience with Android (plus).
- Experience in leading small projects and/or coaching colleagues/students (plus).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- You are able to think from a customer perspective.
- You like to contribute to a growing internationally recognized team.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675