A great opportunity to contribute to state-of-the-art HW/SW security solutions for our industrial partners.
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Embedded System Engineer.
You will define innovative approaches to support new IoT Use cases together with the System architect. You will be responsible for embedding and implementing the security aspects around Imec's IoT solutions. You will contribute to advancing the state-of-the-art by developing new HW/SW security solutions for our industrial partners, prototyping these in innovative demonstrators and exploiting latest technologies. These prototypes are used in pilot studies in real-life environments with our partners, and are at the same time true eye-catchers for Holst Centre's potential partners.
- Clarification of the HW/SW trade-offs for the new designs based on these requirements.
- Work with the IC designers to optimize secure system integration in newly developed IC's.
- In collaboration with the imec experts on security create an overview of the security and authentication requirements for new designs based on attack profiles.
- In collaboration with the imec experts on security, implement and integrate innovative security solutions targeting constrained devices.
- Implementation and rollout of new SW to support new IoT Use cases.
- Ensure Design for Test and future upgradability from the start.
- Msc in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering.
- Proven track record in secure and/or authentication implementations and system design.
- 7-10 years' experience in a HW/SW system engineering role.
- 7+ years' experience in C++, embedded real-time operating systems, low power embedded HW/SW co-design.
- Good knowledge of security engineering, able to liaise with security experts of different fields (e.g. Software, hardware and cloud).
- Knows the fundamentals in digital communications, signal processing, and hardware.
- A must is proven collaboration with other designers. A plus is proven experience working in close collaboration with other security experts, IC designers, and application experts in multidisciplinary projects.
- An enthusiastic team player with hands-on mentality.
- Good communicational skills in English.
- Experience in leading small projects.
- Be able to think from customer expectation perspective.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675