As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer at imec the Netherlands, you develop embedded software solutions for our wearable health sensor systems.
In close collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will develop embedded software solutions for our wearable health sensor systems. You will drive innovation both in technology as development processes. You will work in close collaboration with other software designers, IC designers, hardware designers and application experts.
- Develop firmware on Cortex-M processor platform to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, storing and radio transmitting.
- Develop low level drivers for operating peripherals of a Cortex-M processor.
- Testing embedded software in prototype hardware designs or simulators (unit testing, functional testing, regression testing).
- Develop test cases for (self or third party developed) software in Python.
- Support troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Support evaluation and (lab-based) testing of prototype system.
- Support release process (testing of release candidates, code reviews, etc.).
- Interface with customer on definition of specification, interfaces, review of progress, and transfer of results.
- Develop software according to medical device or similar functional safety regulations.
MSc degree in computer science, technical informatics, embedded systems or a similar field.
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development and architecture definition for resource constrained systems, preferably in the field of wireless sensors and/or low-power.
- Advanced in coding for embedded software systems that are resource (power, memory, computation) constrained (must).
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex platforms (plus).
- Excellent with programming in: C, C++.
- Experience with python, C#, MATLAB (plus).
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design methodology (use of UML).
- Proficient in source code version control systems (Git, SVN).
- Experience in the field of testing (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing) and continuous integration.
- Experience with Jenkins CI (plus).
- You know how to operate a scope, a logic analyzer and can debug low level driver issues in multiple bus protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.).
- Being able to read hardware schematics and understand functionality of the embedded system.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, that sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and can technically lead a team to improve and innovate.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675