Your main focus is to develop IoT system signal processing algorithms, with an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation.
- System level analysis, performance studies, and evaluation of IoT communication, localization, or radar systems.
- Define the top-level architectural structure and divide them into separate sub-blocks according to derived specifications.
- Draft innovating concepts for the signal processing blocks of the IoT systems.
- Development of algorithms and solutions for IoT systems. In specific, design of algorithms for signal processing, including synchronization, compensation, calibration, and error correction.
- Interfacing with experts on data science, artificial intelligence, deep learning algorithms, network protocols, security.
- Translate your new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and interact with system experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack developers.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of IoT systems over the next years.
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support.
- PhD degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- 5' years relevant work experience in signal processing, algorithms research and their implementation.
- You are a researcher who aims to deliver high quality and innovative research results within the IoT systems program.
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art in IoT systems, in particular communication, localization, and radar systems.
- Solid understanding of generic signal processing and communications theory.
- Proven track record in multi-disciplinary projects in SW and HW design.
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink, C++, signal measurement equipment.
- Being able to steer others that will implement ideas on FPGA hardware, or in a system-on-a-chip (SoC).
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, that sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and can technically lead a team to improve and innovate.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, simulations, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist: Talent@imec-nl.nl