Your challenge is to define and lead the roadmap on Cognitive Radar Solutions. In this program, we implement novel use cases on imec’s first-of-a-kind radar ICs, and develop disruptive AI and sensor fusion together with video cameras and other commercial or imec sensors. It is to be noted that the radar IC design is outside of your responsibility, but is led by a colleague program manager with whom you will need close alignment.
You will be working at the crossroads of research and business development. It is your challenge to grow this program to a world-class research activity, and to attract leading industrial partners from across the world. The Program Manager leads a cross-site activity including teams in Leuven, Belgium as well as teams in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, and in interaction with experts in the Ghent university teams, or other sites.
- Driving the strategy and roadmap definition of your program;
- Transforming the strategic plan into operational plans including staffing and budgeting;
- Reporting to the industrial partners and translating their vision to the internal organization, building and maintaining a strong relation with the partners;
- Systematically capturing, reporting and acting on partner feedback;
- Supporting the business development manager and public funding manager in the creation of business propositions & project proposals;
- Collecting, organizing and distributing technical inputs from partner interactions, conferences and literature; continuously benchmarking the program;
- Achieving quantitative revenue & budget targets.
- You have a tremendous drive to make a difference and a passion about innovation;
- You have a Master’s degree in a relevant field and about 10 years of relevant industrial or advanced development experience, working on application level and experience with functional requirements;
- Your technical background is strong in one or more technical fields relating to the challenges om Cognitive Radar Solutions, like radar system design, radar or video signal processing, sensor fusion, applied artificial intelligence and data analytics;
- You have experience with business development, creation of value propositions, and roadmap definition and demonstrated experience in an R&D-environment;
- You have a solid interest in, and understanding of, the relevant IoT markets;
- You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers, in order to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the value your team should bring;
- You are a team player who is able to inspire multi-site stakeholders around your vision on Cognitive Radar Solutions;
- You are ready to travel approximately 5 times per year;
- You have excellent communication skills (in English);
- You either already have the required technical expertise or the clear ambition of acquiring it on the job, to the level that you can independently represent the program internally and externally.
- It is a strong plus if you have experience in a business (management) position where you demonstrated sales skills.
- It is a strong plus if you have an international network of companies, research institutes and/or academia.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR Business Partner
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675
Contract type: fulltime