Electronic systems are coming closer and closer to the body: smart garments, smart health patches and other wearables will revolutionize the way we live and interact with each other and with the digital world. These systems will also blur the boundaries between medical and consumer devices, and will thereby give us tremendous new insights into our health and wellbeing. The technologies and functionalities that Holst Centre is developing will enable devices that allow for unprecedented medical and health condition monitoring. For example it is possible to build patches that measure the quality and healing of wounds, shoe inlays that measure diabetic foot and clothing that can detect the occurrence of pressure ulcers.
- You define the applications/devices that Holst Centre needs to develop, based on market/customer insights and understanding of Holst Centre capabilities;
- You are responsible for the short and long term application strategy within the Program. You initiate and coordinate a portfolio of new projects or activities in collaboration with industry and/or hospitals with with the goal to come to breakthrough devices and concepts;
- You play an active role in setting up and leading external collaboration with industry, universities and other relevant players in the value chain (for example hospitals). In the R&D eco-system of collaborative partners, you create an inspiring technological environment in which the R&D leads to new insights and new breakthroughs in application technologies;
- You will take a leading role in acquisition of the major target partners in the Program. Based on industrial needs and available knowledge, you build and execute the Program Plan;
- At least 3 years of experience in the medical device industry in the field in the field of wearable and/or medical devices; preferably experienced in collaborating with hospitals
- Experience with business development, creation of value propositions, and roadmap definition and demonstrated experience in an R&D-environment
- A background in biomedical engineering, materials science, human factors engineering or related field, preferably with a PhD.
- You have worked in consortia with external parties. You are customer orientated;