Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 97 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Currently we are looking for a motivated Embedded Software Specialist for radio and radar IC’s.
Your focus will be on bringing life into our new radio and radar IC’s. With these IC’s you will designing embedded prototypes to show the potential of our IOT IC’s and sensor solutions. First you will create the functional and non-functional requirements for the IC’s from the software perspective. Once the IC’s are created you will test their functionality in the lab. Subsequently you will start to build a demo application with the help of a sensor expert and other embedded hard and software engineers. In this position you will:
- Define requirements for our radio and radar IC’s to allow them to be optimally programmed and tested.
- Test the newly manufactured IC’s in the lab for their functional and non-functional requirements.
- Create automated tests to characterize and evaluate the IC’s in the lab.
- Develop embedded hard- and software prototypes with our radar and/or radio IC’s.
- Create new embedded architectures (both HW and SW) for our new Imec IC’s.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers.
- Implement power efficient wireless communication for sensor networks.
- Make system trade-offs for minimal power consumption at best performance and low cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Demonstrate the IC and application prototypes.
- Deliver results on time in line with the roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of Ultra Low power applications for the internet of things.
- BSc or MSc degree in embedded engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in low-level programming of radio or radar IC’s.
- 4+ years of experience in low-power embedded software design.
- Experience in designing wireless sensor nodes or radar and their electronics.
- Professional experience with Python is a must.
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Broader interest in for example ranging and distance measurement is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563