Your focus will be on developing an innovative prototype application combining the achievements from Holst Centre technology research (IC’s and sensors) with state-of-art components. You are designing embedded prototypes to show the potential of IOT sensor solutions. First you will collect the requirements from the various stakeholders. Subsequently you will start to build the application with the help of a sensor expert and other embedded hard and software engineers. In this position you will:
- Develop embedded hard- and software prototypes with gas or water sensors and a radio. A network of sensors will be interfacing to PCs, ‘the cloud’, smart phones and other portable devices.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers.
- Implement power efficient wireless communication protocols for sensor networks.
- Make system trade-offs for minimal power consumption at best performance and low cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Create new embedded architectures (both HW and SW) for our new Imec IC’s will be a growth area for you.
- Test (automated), characterize and evaluate (parts of) the prototypes.
- Monitor performance (automated) of the prototypes in the network (and troubleshooting if needed).
- Demonstrate the prototypes.
- Take the lead for your designs on behalf of Imec in various EU projects.
- Deliver results on time in line with the roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of Ultra Low power applications for the internet of things.
- BSc or MSc degree in embedded engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in low-power embedded software design.
- 2+ years of experience in programming radio nodes (Zigbee or other) for multi node networks is a plus.
- Experience in designing wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Broader interest in for example ranging and distance measurement is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675