Together with your technical colleagues you will work on a broad range of analysis problems related to gas & ion sensor design and system performance assessment. While you will mainly focus on gas & ion sensors, other sensing modalities can be expected as well.
As a Sensor Data Architect, your tasks include amongst others:
- Systems analysis, data analysis, physics-based modeling, and simulation.
- You develop new concepts and apply algorithms, perform sensor system modeling, set up experiment design, and data-driven analysis.
- About 10% of your time is spent in road mapping support, including meeting with customers, developing white papers and supporting customer proposal efforts.
- You conceptualize and produce data science and machine learning solutions to incorporate new features across our sensors and services, eventually leading to a larger, robust, and connected sensing platform.
- Contribute to development of new signal processing algorithms e.g. for alibration or drift correction, and multi-sensor data fusion techniques to enlarge lifetime of the sensors.
- In collaboration with the IoT Program Management and Business Development, you analyze and understand the potential value of data collected from connected sensor solutions.
- You work with the technical teams to optimize the arrangement and data capture of sensors and to develop software to analyze the status our sensor devices.
- In close interaction with imec University groups you identify how their work (artificial intelligence, data science, deep learning algorithms) can be used and directed to support our sensor applications.
- MSc or PhD degree in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- With a MSc, 5+ years of working experience is required. If you hold a PhD, 2 years.
- You have relevant hands-on experience in machine learning, signal processing algorithm development.
- Solid understanding of statistical performance metrics, generic signal processing and machine learning tools.
- You understand the full system deployment and its practical challenges, i.e. the sensor device-to-cloud data chain.
- You know a variety of sensing modalities (e.g. electro-optical, radar, electrochemical) and end-to-end data exploitation techniques (e.g. signal processing, estimation/classification, machine learning) is required.
- A good understanding of state-of-the-art algorithms, particularly in the fields of time-series analysis, multivariate analysis, estimation/classification (detection) theory and neural networks.
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- You have a proven track record in multi-disciplinary projects in software and algorithm design.
- Experience in programming tools MATLAB, R, Python (must).
- Knowledge of Java/JS and C/C++ (plus).Knowledge in working with prevalent NoSql (e.g., MongoDB) and SQL DBs (must).
- Experience with state-of-the-art cloud services e.g., Google GCP, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure(plus).
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are a flexible team player, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- You take responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, simulations, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR specialist
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675