Electronic systems are coming closer and closer to the body through smartphone health apps, smart wristbands, smart health patches, VR/AR headsets, etc.. Medical-grade wearables stand to revolutionize chronic disease management and will provide the caregiver and the patient with unprecedented insights and will enable precision medicine thanks to predictive personalized analytics. Smart wearables enriched with personalized coaching will empower us towards a healthier lifestyle and towards the prevention of disease. At imec we have a track record of more than 10 years of building wearable medical and personal health solutions with leading worldwide customers and partners. We have grown to become a large and internationally recognized team and our ambition is to further expand our wearable health solutions activities at sensor, circuit, software level to achieve truly smart & adaptive & cloud-connected medical and personal health systems.
To fuel this growth, the Wearable Health Solutions Department is currently looking for a
Competence Leader Embedded Software Systems
In close collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will lead the embedded software development for our wearable devices. You will set challenging goals for this activity and come up with innovative software solutions. You combine a helicopter view with a down-to-earth get-your-hands-dirty attitude.
- Define the software architectures and test methodologies for the current and future healthcare applications.
- Together with Software Designers in the team:
- Develop firmware on Cortex-M processor platform to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, and interfacing with Android based devices.
- Test embedded software in prototype hardware designs.Support troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Support evaluation and testing of prototype system.
- Interface with customers on definition of specification, interfaces, review of progress, and transfer of results.
- Drive roadmap on software development; interact with customers and trend-leaders on roadmaps and technology trends.
- As Competence Leader, develop and give lead to the software engineers in the wearable health solutions department.
- Explore and implement technologies, methodologies, and ways of working to increase our innovation speed and improve our software implementations.
- Drive innovation in the application of software for wearable healthcare solutions. Set goals to come to groundbreaking solutions to address current and future healthcare challenges.
- MSc degree in Computer Science or a similar field.6+ years' experience in embedded software development and architecture definition for resource constrained systems, ideally in the field of wireless sensors.
- Knowledge of RTOS, API, and hardware driver design.
- Experience architecting embedded software systems; ideally for microcontroller platforms.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, that sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and can lead a team to improve and innovate.
- Fast learner, able and very interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Strong drive and highly developed sense of urgency.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
For all inquiries, please contact:
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR Business Partner
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675
Acquisition by recruitment agencies is not appreciated.