In this role you will design, implement, and extend our Cloud IoT stack.
The IoT teams at imec focus on disruptive innovations in wireless sensor networks for environmental monitoring. Through large-scale deployments and testbeds we measure in real-time indoor air quality in smart buildings, air pollution in cities, and water quality. Sensor data coming from different sources are collected in the cloud and processed in real-time with new proprietary data-analysis algorithms to provide trusted calibrated data for our partners. To support the scale and the number of deployments in our Research Programs, we are looking for a hands-on Cloud Solution Architect to design, implement, and extend our Cloud IoT stack.
In strong collaboration with the team, you will be involved in the following tasks:
- Design a scalable architecture to support the monitoring of multiple use cases and wireless sensor networks.
- Design and implement secure APIs to send and receive real-time sensor data.
- Implement end-to-end solutions for our customers, from the gateway to the cloud.
- Implement dashboard and web front-ends for specific use cases.
- Present your innovative results in patents, conferences and publications.
- Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Independent leader that creates a vision and an architecture to use the data in the cloud in an innovative way.
- At least 3 years working experience in developing cloud services and API.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure services (or equivalent).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Python (preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure IoT Platform (plus).
- Experience with Angular front-end development (Typescript) (plus).
- Experience with real-time data processing (plus).
For all inquiries, please contact:
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.
Ms Najat Loiazizi, HR Business Partner
Telephone number: +31 (0)40 40 20 675